Technology: Commercial and Strategic Development
A recognized sustainable technology executive and team-builder with an extraordinary history operating from the trenches to the boardroom. A transformational leader with a proven track International record of digging into impactful technologies, extracting maximum value, building high powered teams, and driving process improvements. Superior strategic, sales/commercial and capital market insights with the ability to bridge the communication gap between investors and management.
MorrisonWater: San Francisco, CA
2017 to present
Developing strategic opportunities for technology firms through active participation in boardrooms and long-term planning with insights and connections to industry leaders and manufacturing clients.
➢ Axine Technology, Vancouver, BC Canada
➢ Baswood Industries, Dallas, Texas
➢ Emerson Collective, Palo Alto, CA
➢ Biogill, Sydney NSW Australia
Ecolab/Nalco: $15B/year global leader in water, hygiene and energy services providing onsite technical expertise and chemical solutions to industrial manufacturing clients
WATER Technology Partnerships, A. Vice President TECHNOLOGY team, SF
2013 to 10/2017
– Created new platform to attract, screen and evaluate new innovations for Ecolab water.
Our team processed 500+/year new technology and business offerings working with Global business needs within R&D, Technology/Marketing and Field sales.
Technology Partnerships signed over $250M/year in new technologies for Industrial water, Food and Beverage/Manufacturing saving over 1 Billion gallons/year
Major focus on Internet, Digital, A/I and IoT
-Developed relationships with PE and VC firms to increase deal flow; Expanded partnerships with global innovation hubs
Global Key Account Leader Div Vice President, SF and Geneva Switzerland (2008 to 2012) 1998 to 2013
– Grew from just two staff to 18 Key Account Managers, 70 accounts and $200M+ annual – Global footprint where we worked closely with corporate and plants engineers to reduce water footprint
– SAMA (Strategic Accounts) program of the year, 2005
– Focus in Food/Beverage and microelectronics – Global deals at: Tyson, ADM, Cargill, Intel, Marriott, Simplot, Pepsi, Coke, MARS, Gallo, AB/InBev, Heineken, Nestlé, Unilever, etc.
General Manager, Nalco Australia/NZ – Sydney Australia 1994 to 1997
– $100M operation with 250 people – Focus on Industrial Manufacturing Water
– Grew sales by 25% YOY two years in a row in water
– General Manager’s Gold Medal award for leadership
District Manager – West Coast, San Francisco 1980 to 1993
– Three-time Chairman’s club Leadership Award winner
– Led team in development of new technology for Bio waste water
– Cogen/Power plant, Geothermal, Food processing and Zero Discharge plant expansion
– Developed training manuals and systemization for technical support
➢ University of California, San Diego 1980 Biology/Engineering
➢ SF Regional Water Control Board – Waste Water – Appointed by Governor 1987. Controlling state board for all waste discharges in/around SF bay
➢ Marin Municipal Water District – Board member/Chair 1984 to 1992; Voter Elected position to medium size potable water utility; expanded system with reclaimed water and ran two desalination pilots during drought
➢ Active leadership in industry groups including: ImagineH2O, Artemis Group, DRINC, ChinoTech group, and Bluetech TAG team.